Tuesday, April 04, 2006

This bamboo forest was too cool. I'd never seen any grove this big.





Mmmmm.......Kim-chi. Can you say smells like horse poop? But god it tastes good! If you can get past the smell that is. Between that and the sewers in Seoul, you can just about get a hit of ass every 50 feet.



And green tea! I came down to the south just to see this plantation (and to climb a mountain).
It was too cool! Wild boar run between the rows (the main delicacy in the lodge at the bottom of the hill- green tea fed boar). You can actually camp between the rows if you want to put up with the boar. I got here two weeks before harvesting. Dozens of women come out and fill the fields. I wish I could have gotten a picture of them but it was nice to be here when the bushes were at their fullest.





These fields stay fallow for 14 years after ginseng is planted. Once the ginseng is planted it takes another 10 to fully mature into a good root system. That's why it's so expensive. That's a 24-year cycle for one plot of land. I suppose it's worth it, "elixir of life" and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home